Our methionine feed additive: Rhodimet®
Adisseo's Methionine Solution
Methionine is an essential amino acid for all animals, but they do not produce it themselves, meaning they have to get it from their feed. The methionine content of natural ingredients is generally low, so to meet the animals’ requirements, additional methionine must be provided in their feed as a nutritional feed additive. Methionine deficiency in animals can cause muscle atrophy, slow growth, decreased bone strength, and fatty liver.
Adisseo is a major player on the methionine market, and seeks to fully meet all customers’ needs by offering two different methionine products – one liquid, the other solid:
- Rhodimet® AT88, a concentrated liquid source of hydroxy- methionine that is particularly well suited to large and medium-sized modern feed millers and integrators.
- Rhodimet® NP99, a powder source for use in premixes, minerals and some compound feeds.
Adisseo gathers the international scientific and technical community every year in order to share research progresses on sulphur amino acid metabolism.
For more information, click on the icone below
Animal feed professionals such as feed millers, premixers and integrators derive several benefits from using Rhodimet® products:
1. Improved nutritional balance in feed
It is essential that feed consumed by animals should boost their biological mechanisms. Rhodimet® products serve as valuable supplements to most diets, in which amino acid content is generally naturally unbalanced. Adding methionine to feed increases its nutritional value, leading to increased body mass and muscle growth for the animal.
2. Lower feed costs
Feed accounts for nearly 2/3 of the total cost of animal production. Using Rhodimet® products in feed helps bring down overall feed costs by reducing consumption of protein-rich raw materials.
3. Safety and reliability ensured
Rhodimet® products are manufactured using Adisseo’s own patented chemical synthesis process in high-capacity, fully automated facilities capable of meeting global demand. Rhodimet® products are also manufactured in compliance with safety and environmental standards (OSHAS, ISO 14000), and both production and marketing operations are ISO 9002 and FAMI QS certified.
Rhodimet® NP99 is a powder product, manufactured by Adisseo, containing at least 99% pure DLmethionine. Rhodimet® NP99 offers a simple, easy-to-use response to the concerns of premixers, mineral feed producers and some feed millers. Like any methionine source, it improves the efficacy of feed by playing a decisive role in:
- Increasing the flexibility of feed formulation processes
- Lowering feed costs by reducing protein content and enabling use of by-products
- Attenuating variations in animal production performance
Feed your Performance. As a liquid form of methionine, Rhodimet® AT88 also improves feed productivity in plant facilities. Rhodimet® AT88 has an efficacy value of 88% DL-Methionine. It has been scientifically tested by Schothorst Feed Research (2014) and Bangkok Animal Research Center (2013) and supported by zootechnical results in large integrators for more than 20 years. It increases the flexibility of feed formulation processes, lowers feed costs and attenuates variations in animal production performance. Moreover, Rhodimet® AT88 is an organic acid with a pKa of 3.60, similar to formic acid (3.75), lactic acid (3.86) and propionic acid (4.87). Acidifying and anti-microbial properties are among the benefits you will enjoy when you formulate animal diets with Rhodimet® AT88. Finally, Rhodimet® AT88 is an effective nutritional feed additive which can improve broiler performance and poultry producer profitability in hot countries.
Feed your Savings. Rhodimet AT88 is the most economical source of methionine because it reduces storage space requirements, simplifies incorporation, enables extensive automation and eliminates the need to recycle packaging. Rhodimet® AT88 brings significant savings of up to 14% when you switch from DL-Methionine to DL-HMTBA. In addition, besides providing a source of methionine, Rhodimet® AT88 is an acid has many other positive effects on feed, animals and food. Like other organic acids, it reduces gastric pH. Other benefits are mold inhibition, which boosts feed safety, and pathogenic bacteria inhibition to regulate the bacteria population. Finally, Rhodimet® AT88 improves the productivity of feedmills.
Feed your Peace of Mind. Using Rhodimet® AT88 simplifies production processes and enables greater automation, while complying with good manufacturing, safety and industrial hygiene practices. It provides an elegant solution to the problems associated with handling additives in feed plants, particularly when it comes to unloading storage facilities, transferring the additives from place to place, weighing, batching and mixing. Moreover, several services proposed by Adisseo to complement Rhodimet® AT88 make it a safe, easy-to-use product: performing injections for better accuracy and homogeneity in feed, tailor-made dosing equipment, and nutrition guides, to name but a few… Adisseo offers Rhodimet® DiMension, a comprehensive service and support program, to ensure seamless conversion from DL-Methionine to Rhodimet® AT88. And with Adisseo’s liquid application system and engineering know-how, you can expect the same homogeneity in feeds as in DL-methionine. Finally, Adisseo gives you access to nutritional expertise as well as scientific and technical knowledge, so that you can achieve cost-effective feed formulations that make optimum use of Rhodimet® AT88.
See below a video to demonstrate Rhodimet® AT88 efficacy:
An old debate on absorption and conversion is now closed…Click on the picture below for more information
Rhodimet® AT88: The value-added methionine in liquid form for swine – Click on the icon below to access the Technical Article
AcidSaver* is dedicated to nutritionists using Organic Acids in their formulation matrix. Rhodimet® AT88 being an organic acid, the tool helps them to adjust the Organic Acids they use when they use Rhodimet® AT88.
The new version (2013) of the Rhodimet ® Nutrition Guide, gathers the amino acids requirements for poultry, pigs and aquaculture. This publication, intended for nutritionists, is available in 2 formats.
E.lab is a web service allowing customers to post analytical requests and clearly identify samples prior to shipping them to Adisseo laboratory. They can continuously monitor the status of their request (receipt of samples, analysis in progress, expected completion date, etc.) and directly access the final results.
Adisseo provides its customers with PNE, a unique service based on NIR technology to predict the nutritional quality of the raw materials used in feed. Adisseo is able to analyze all main dietary ingredients to predict in real time the multiple characteristics impacting nutritional quality, using a reliable system based on in vivo data.
Why not ask Adisseo’s experts for help with your liquid applications?
DIM, a comprehensive service and assistance programme, is here to let you enjoy all the benefits of Rhodimet® AT88 in total peace of mind.
Adisseo publishes Methiopedia, the technical reference book for methionine
On the occasion of its Rhodimet®AT 88 production plant start-up in Nanjing, China, Adisseo is publishing Methiopedia – The Methionine Reference Book, intended for nutritionists, purchasers, formulators and technical managers within the premix and feed industries, as well as students, who want to enhance their knowledge of methionine and its use.
Last product’s news
- Methionine’s Role in Animal Nutrition Extends ‘Beyond Building Blocks’ for ProteinSource: Feedinfo News Service (dated 18/01/2017) The Advancia Seminar seeks to advance understanding and promote sharing of knowledge concerning sulfur amino acid metabolism. In its most recent incarnation, researchers focused on the role of these substances in oxidative stress signaling, the immune system, gene expression, and even oxidation and meat Read more.
- Benefits of extra liquid methionine for sows and pigletsLiquid methionine added to diets for lactating sows leads to both more fat and lactose concentration in the milk as well as a better gut absorption of nutrients in the suckling piglets’ guts. Jointly, these factors explain a higher piglet body weight before and after weaning. By Dolores I. Read more.
- LABELLING GUIDELINE FOR DECLARATION OF METHIONINE IN SWINE AND POULTRY FEEDS CONTAINING DL-HMTBAThis notice intended for feed producers is presenting a labelling guideline for declaration of methionine amount in feed containing DL-HMTBA, as a methionine source. The current indication of methionine level on feed label in the “Analytical constituents” part is the content as measured by usual chemistry. This may not always Read more.
- Saving Energy with Liquid Methionine when pelletizingIn the feed mill, pellet production is one of the most energy consuming steps; therefore, any potential area of optimization is beneficial to pursue. Adisseo’s recent studies have shown that the addition of a liquid source of methionine (D,L-HMTBA) may lead to power savings of up to 7% compared to the Read more.
- CORROSION IN THE MIXER BY LIQUID METHIONINE: MYTH OR FACTCorrosion is a spontaneous phenomenon in the feed mill and liquid ingredients have long been considered as aggravating factors. Studies conducted for Adisseo by independent laboratories prove that the liquid ingredient D,L-methionine hydroxy (Rhodimet® AT88) is not such a threat for equipment. By Jérôme Lamoine, Adisseo Product Application Technologies Development Manager and Ivan Gaytan, Adisseo Read more.