Several factors affect the chemical composition and, as a result, the nutritional value of feedstuffs: variations in plant genetics, environmental conditions during production, harvest and storage conditions, and more. Accordingly, the variable quality of raw materials is inevitable.
However, the use of imprecise data on feedstuffs is detrimental to animal production from a nutritional, economic and environmental perspective. In order to meet the nutritional requirements of livestock, ensure competitiveness despite the rising prices of agricultural raw materials and guarantee sustainable, environmentally friendly growth, it is necessary to have precise knowledge of feedstuff composition.
Precise Nutritional Evaluation (PNE) is a service offered by Adisseo and based on Near Infra Red spectroscopy (NIR) technology. NIR is a very convenient tool to assess the characteristics of feed ingredients. Adisseo has developed original proprietary calibrations based on in vivo data. Our technology is adapted to all main dietary ingredients (main grains and their by-products, oilseeds and their meal, and animal by-products). PNE is able to predict multiple characteristics affecting nutritional quality, such as crude protein, total and digestible amino acids, metabolisable energy for poultry, and total and phytic phosphorus.
The use of PNE services can reap several benefits and savings for animal feed producers, such as feed millers, premixers and integrators:
1. Better performance for accurate formulation
More precise formulation enables nutritionally adequate feed production and helps to secure the feed’s performance, which is crucial to maintain good animal performance. Moreover, better knowledge of the feed’s nutritional value reduces security margins in formulations and, accordingly, improve cost competitiveness.
2. Evaluate your supply and support purchase decision-making
PNE is a powerful tool to select and qualify suppliers. The increased knowledge can also lead to renegotiation with suppliers to get the best price-performance ratio for your purchases.
3. Deliver what you promise with quality control
PNE makes it easy to qualify the quality of ingredients entering the feed mill. Analyzing samples in real time facilitates the implementation of a quality control plan.
Our web-based service is available 24/7 and allows you to send scans of your raw materials, have immediate access to the results, and get access to our worldwide feedstuff database and analytical graphs and tools.
To offer its clients an even better service using digital technology, Adisseo has designed MyPNE, a decision-making tool that is an extension of the PNE platform. Click on the icon below to see the movie:
Rhodimet® is the methionine solution for monogastric animals. It enhances animal feed performance, leading to solid savings for the professionals, while remaining extremely safe and easy to use. Available in both solid (Rhodimet® NP99) and liquid (Rhodimet® AT88) forms Rhodimet® is suitable for a wide variety of customer needs.
Rovabio® is a range of enzyme preparations that improves the digestibility of raw materials from vegetal origin for animals, poultry and hogs. It improves animal performance and contributes to a better breeding environment. A multi-species, multi-ingredient and multi-application solution, Rovabio® appears to be the most versatile enzymatic product on the market.
Last PNE News
- Adisseo completes its NIR service with MyPNE, a unique access to business intelligenceMyPNE1, powered by Adifo, is an extension of the current web platform of Precise Nutrition Evaluation (PNE), the NIR service of Adisseo. In just a few clicks, My PNE interface allows users to easily analyze and extract the value of their PNE data sets Antony, Sept 15th, 2015 Adisseo and Read more.
- Results of a survey on the nutritional value of soya bean and rapeseed meals and cereals for animal nutrition by AdisseoA survey on the nutritional value of soybean and rapeseed meals and wheat and corn for monogastric feeds has been conducted by Adisseo. Results show great variations in the nutrient value depending on year of harvest, cultivar, geographical origin, and processing conditions. The survey included analysis of the digestible Read more.
- Access to Precise Nutrition with NIR “in vivo” service of AdisseoPrecision laboratory testing is increasingly seen as a requisite in today's feed formulating programmes. Confronted with high feed prices, producers are seeking to fine-tune diets and cut costs where possible. Precisely meeting nutrient requirements, however, is a difficult achievement as nutrient levels of feed ingredients can vary to various degrees Read more.