Adisseo and Feedipedia Partnership
Adisseo is the sponsor of Feedipedia which offers an access to a large in-depth knowledge of raw materials.
Feedipedia is an open access information system on animal feed resources that provides information on nature, occurrence, chemical composition, nutritional value and safe use of nearly 1400 worldwide livestock feeds.
It is the result of a joint project of INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), CIRAD (French Agricultural Research Center for International Development), AFZ (French Association for Animal Production) and FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations).
The main objective of Feedipedia is to provide up to date information with the latest scientific news to help each actor of the animal nutrition sector to identify, characterize and properly use feed resources to develop livestock in a sustainable way.
Providing global knowledge on feed resources, including unconventional and lesser known ones, contributes to the development and use of innovative and appropriate feeding options and strategies.
Feeds datasheets contain the following information:
- Feed names, including vernacular and scientific names
- Description of the plants or plant parts/products used as feed, ie: Maize grain
- Feeding recommendations for all livestock species (even rabbits or camels!)
- Tables of composition and nutritive value
- Illustrations, including photos and processing charts
- Distribution and basic agronomic information
- Forage management
- Processes for improving nutritional value
- Potential constraints such as presence of anti-nutritional and toxic factors
Combined to Adisseo’s Precise Nutrition Evaluation Tool (PNE), Feedipedia will assist our customers (premix or feed plants, integrators, farmers…)….in reducing the impact of quality variation of their materials, once the most appropriate raw material is selected and its digestibility demonstrated by the animal.
Adisseo next building block in order to provide full value-added services will be to connect this part with the formulation software in order to develop simulations and increase our impact with our key customers at the heart of their process: Better Feed Formulation!