Our methionine feed additive: Rhodimet®
Adisseo's Methionine Solution
Methionine is an essential amino acid for all animals, but they do not produce it themselves, meaning they have to get it from their feed. The methionine content of natural ingredients is generally low, so to meet the animals’ requirements, additional methionine must be provided in their feed as a nutritional feed additive. Methionine deficiency in animals can cause muscle atrophy, slow growth, decreased bone strength, and fatty liver.
Adisseo is a major player on the methionine market, and seeks to fully meet all customers’ needs by offering two different methionine products – one liquid, the other solid:
- Rhodimet® AT88, a concentrated liquid source of hydroxy- methionine that is particularly well suited to large and medium-sized modern feed millers and integrators.
- Rhodimet® NP99, a powder source of DL-Methionine for use in premixes, minerals and some compound feeds.
To obtain further information about these two products, click on the related button below:
AcidSaver* is dedicated to nutritionists using Organic Acids in their formulation matrix. Rhodimet® AT88 being an organic acid, the tool helps them to adjust the Organic Acids they use when they use Rhodimet® AT88.
The new version (2013) of the Rhodimet ® Nutrition Guide, gathers the amino acids requirements for poultry, pigs and aquaculture. This publication, intended for nutritionists, is available in 2 formats.
Adisseo provides you with a quick, easy-to-use calculator to simulate your savings when switching from DL-Methionine to DL-HMTBA, in your practical conditions.
Thanks to a network of worldwide analytical laboratories, Adisseo brings to its customers reliable and specific analytical services in various fields of activity. It is directly accessible online through E.lab, a web platform that allows customers to submit analytical requests, follow the progress of samples from submission to results and directly access results including certificate of analysis and comments from Adisseo technical managers.
Adisseo provides its customers with PNE, a unique service based on NIR technology to predict the nutritional quality of the raw materials used in feed. Adisseo is able to analyze all main dietary ingredients to predict in real time the multiple characteristics impacting nutritional quality, using a reliable system based on in vivo data.
Why not ask Adisseo’s experts for help with your liquid applications?
DIM, a comprehensive service and assistance programme, is here to let you enjoy all the benefits of Rhodimet® AT88 in total peace of mind.
Five years after its first edition, Adisseo is publishing a new version of Methiopedia: The Technical Reference Book of Methionine with updated and new information on many topics. This document is intended for nutritionists, purchasers, formulators, quality and technical managers within the premix and feed industries, as well as students, who want to enhance their knowledge of methionine and its use.
Last product’s news
- Supporting optimal duck performanceArticle published in Poultry World, January 2019 New research studied the ways to improve duck productivity. Recent studies looked at the performance, feather growth and carcass traits of ducks fed diets supplemented with different levels of the two methionine sources. Body weight gain was similar for both sources and increased with dose. Along Read more.
- Adjusting methionine source and level to improve pork quality traitsArticle published in International Pig Topics (credit Positive Action - http://www.positiveaction.info), January 2019, Volume 33 Number 8 Whilst methionine is already added to pig diets to facilitate growth, producers are not always aware of the extra benefits of feeding a specific source. Supplying methionine in the form of liquid OH-Methionine, at a level exceeding TSAA growth require-ments, has been Read more.
- Adisseo Highlights 5 Years of Methionine Sources Research12 November 2018 – Interview in FeedInfo of Dr. Dolores Batonon Alavo and Dr. Yves Mercier at the occasion of the release of the new Methiopedia Eager to share its technical knowhow and how the industry’s knowledge of methionine has improved in recent years, Adisseo has launched a new edition Read more.
- Rhodimet® days : customer event in Lyon and Burgos for premixers and feed producersAdisseo proposes methionine products under powder and liquid forms to fit the different needs of customers: premixers, feed millers, integrators, etc. Two events were organized by Adisseo in October 2018 in industrial plants to exchange about methionine-related topics: production, nutrition, technology and market. The events took place in Lyon on Read more.
- Different Methionine Sources At Same Equimolar Levels: Similar Broiler Performances AchievedLIVESTOCK & FEED Business • OCTOBER-NOVEMBER 2018 Based on trial results, three methionine sources, supplemented at the right equimolar basis, will deliver the same efficacy to sustain broilers' growth.Trials at the Center for Expertise and Research on Nutrition (CERN) confirmed that, when the same equimolar levels of three main methionine Read more.