Our methionine feed additive: Rhodimet®
Adisseo's Methionine Solution
Methionine is an essential amino acid for all animals, but they do not produce it themselves, meaning they have to get it from their feed. The methionine content of natural ingredients is generally low, so to meet the animals’ requirements, additional methionine must be provided in their feed as a nutritional feed additive. Methionine deficiency in animals can cause muscle atrophy, slow growth, decreased bone strength, and fatty liver.
Adisseo is a major player on the methionine market, and seeks to fully meet all customers’ needs by offering two different methionine products – one liquid, the other solid:
- Rhodimet® AT88, a concentrated liquid source of hydroxy- methionine that is particularly well suited to large and medium-sized modern feed millers and integrators.
- Rhodimet® NP99, a powder source of DL-Methionine for use in premixes, minerals and some compound feeds.
To obtain further information about these two products, click on the related button below:
AcidSaver* is dedicated to nutritionists using Organic Acids in their formulation matrix. Rhodimet® AT88 being an organic acid, the tool helps them to adjust the Organic Acids they use when they use Rhodimet® AT88.
The new version (2013) of the Rhodimet ® Nutrition Guide, gathers the amino acids requirements for poultry, pigs and aquaculture. This publication, intended for nutritionists, is available in 2 formats.
Adisseo provides you with a quick, easy-to-use calculator to simulate your savings when switching from DL-Methionine to DL-HMTBA, in your practical conditions.
Thanks to a network of worldwide analytical laboratories, Adisseo brings to its customers reliable and specific analytical services in various fields of activity. It is directly accessible online through E.lab, a web platform that allows customers to submit analytical requests, follow the progress of samples from submission to results and directly access results including certificate of analysis and comments from Adisseo technical managers.
Adisseo provides its customers with PNE, a unique service based on NIR technology to predict the nutritional quality of the raw materials used in feed. Adisseo is able to analyze all main dietary ingredients to predict in real time the multiple characteristics impacting nutritional quality, using a reliable system based on in vivo data.
Why not ask Adisseo’s experts for help with your liquid applications?
DIM, a comprehensive service and assistance programme, is here to let you enjoy all the benefits of Rhodimet® AT88 in total peace of mind.
Adisseo publishes Methiopedia, the technical reference book for methionine
On the occasion of its Rhodimet®AT 88 production plant start-up in Nanjing, China, Adisseo is publishing Methiopedia – The Methionine Reference Book, intended for nutritionists, purchasers, formulators and technical managers within the premix and feed industries, as well as students, who want to enhance their knowledge of methionine and its use.
Last product’s news
- Different Methionine Sources At Same Equimolar Levels: Similar Broiler Performances AchievedLIVESTOCK & FEED Business • OCTOBER-NOVEMBER 2018 Based on trial results, three methionine sources, supplemented at the right equimolar basis, will deliver the same efficacy to sustain broilers' growth.Trials at the Center for Expertise and Research on Nutrition (CERN) confirmed that, when the same equimolar levels of three main methionine Read more.
- Liquid hydroxy-methionine bio-efficacy: Why such a debate for years?The main methionine sources available to supplement feed are: DL-Methionine in powder form and OH-Methionine in liquid form. Scientific content and publications on the efficacy of these sources in sustaining monogastric performance are provided regularly in the literature with different conclusions. This has nurtured a debate lasting for years and Read more.
- Preventive maintenance tips for liquid additive equipmentSept. 2018 As with any other feed mill equipment installation, liquid additive systems require proper maintenance to ensure the safety and quality of animal feed. The article is focusing on the major operations, actions and verifications, to be performed from the reception up to the spraying into the feed at Read more.
- DL-HMTBA and DL-Methionine: same efficacy to sustain growth performance and feather development of Cherry Valley ducksThe study was performed on 630 Cherry Valley ducks reared from 1 to 42 days in China. DL-HMTBA was found as efficient as DL-Methionine to sustain Cherry Valley ducks’ growth performance concerning body, carcass, breast or feather weights. In addition, methionine efficacy determined as the extra methionine intake per Read more.
- Hydroxy-methionine: more than a methionine sourceHydroxy-methionine has added values and specificities compared to DL-methionine. Dr Yves Mercier is illustrating the advantage of hydroxy-methionine in heat stress conditions for broilers performance and Dr Dolores Batonon Alavo is presenting the positive effect of hydroxy-methionine on lactating sows with an enhanced milk quality available for suckling piglets. Read more.