Our Organic Selenium in feed: Selisseo®
Selenium (Se) is an essential nutrient for life, with established requirement from 0.1 – 0.3 ppm to support basic functions.
While inorganic Se are commonly used for feed supplements, the recent research has firmly confirmed that organic Se, specifically seleno-methionine (Se-Met) or hydroxy-selenomethionine (OH-SeMet), is much easily integrated into body metabolism.
Selisseo® 2% Se is an organic source of selenium consisting of hydroxy-selenomethionine or HMSeBA diluted on silica carrier, to be used in all species to supply 100% efficient selenium.
Selisseo® 2% Se is the only pure source of hydroxy-selenomethionine on the market that exists in both forms : powder and liquid.
To know more about the positive effects of Selisseo® in broiler production, click on the icon below
Selenium celebrates its 200 years anniversary, click on the icon below to know more
Click on the related species icon to see the brochure
Selisseo®2% Se - Powder form
Selisseo® 2% Se is the only pure source of hydroxy-selenomethionine on the market. Containing 100% effective selenium, Selisseo 2% Se powder form supports immediate and prolonged antioxidant effects for enhanced stress resistance, improved reproduction capacities and better meat, egg and milk quality.
Selisseo®2% Se - Liquid form
Selisseo® 2% Se liquid is a pure source of hydroxy-selenomethionine (OH-SeMet) and the only organic selenium totally soluble in aqueous media. Containing 100% effective selenium, Selisseo 2% Se Liquid support immediate and prolonged antioxidant effects which will enhance performance of animals in a large range of breeding and stressful conditions (heat stress, sub-pathologies, etc).
Click on the icon to see the brochure
To go further about Selisseo®2% Se...
Selenium is the key component of selenocysteine, which occurs in antioxidant selenoproteins such as glutathione peroxidase, thioredoxin reductase, methionine sulfoxide reductase, and many more. In order to counteract the negative effects of oxidative stress and free radicals produced, organisms have developed different defense mechanisms, such as enzymes to break down free radicals (superoxide dismutase, catalase, glutathione peroxidase, etc.), together with acceptors of free radicals (glutathione, which can be oxidized through glutathione peroxidase). Selisseo® 2% Se is a solution to enhance the antioxidant capacities of animals.
The purity and reliability of Selisseo®2% Se guarantee optimal selenium supply in premix and feeds. The product is stable in all feed preparations, such as pelleting, thermal treatment and extrusion. As 100% effective source of selenium, it builds up selenocysteine and selenomethionine in tissues for immediate and prolonged antioxidant effects supporting the performance of animals in breeding conditions and challenging situations such as weaning, parturition, lactation and other stressful conditions (heat stress, subpathologies, etc.).
Natural ingredients generally have low selenium content, and feed always includes additional selenium to meet animals’ requirements. Sodium selenite is the main source of supplementation, but its limited bioavailability for the animal has led to the development of organic sources based on selenomethionine or hydroxy-selenomethionine to provide a pure, reliable, stable, easy-to-use and 100% effective solution. A lack of selenium can result in exudative diathesis, reproduction impairments, decreased lifespan in young animals, oxidation of end products such as eggs, meat, milk, and many other troubles that justify the supplementation of selenium in all diets.
Selisseo® 2% Se is the ideal supplement in antioxidant strategies aimed at improving the quality of products such as meat, egg and milk, together with improving freshness and shelf life, and guaranteeing higher selenium content for a better human diet.
Selisseo® 2% Se is manufactured in a fully dedicated facility using an innovative chemical synthesis process patented by Adisseo, and in compliance with safety (OSHAS) and environmental (ISO 14000) standards. Both production and marketing operations are ISO 9002 and FAMI QS certified.
- Hydroxy-selenomethionine secures performance of broilers under heat stressDr. Michele De Marco, Global Scientific & Technical Manager at Adisseo, presented our latest research during the Australian Poultry Science Symposium (APSS). This new study investigated the effect of different selenium dietary sources on heat stress management, in finishing broilers. The experiment was designed in collaboration with the University of Read more.
- OH-SeMet improves technological and nutritional egg propertiesPublished on International Poultry Production (Positive Action Publications Ltd) December 2018 World population is expected to grow by over a third, reaching over nine billion people in 2050, with the main consequence being that the world will have to produce 70% more food. Eggs, due to their low production costs Read more.
- INTERVIEW: Adisseo Pursues Research of Hydroxy-Selenomethionine Benefits13 February 2018 – Selenium was discovered 200 years ago. Over the years, acquired knowledge and expertise have made this metalloid a recognized nutritional element for all animals and humans. Adisseo started working on selenium in 2008, and developed a new form of pure organic selenium: hydroxy-selenomethionine (OH-SeMet) in 2014, Read more.
- Vitamin E and Se: does 1+1 equal more than 2?With the current global Vitamin E production issues, questions are raised to evaluate the possibility to achieve costs savings and optimize inclusion rate of Vitamin E in feed, especially by leveraging the anti-oxidative properties of organic Selenium as a supplement. Prof Peter Surai, a well-known expert on antioxidants, gives an Read more.
- Shrimp nutrition: Organic selenium (hydroxy-selenomethionine)By AQUA CULTURE Asia Pacific: Revisiting shrimp nutrition: Organic selenium (hydroxy-selenomethionine) This is a small and rewarding investment to improve stress resistance and maintain high levels of performance even during challenging conditions. By Martin Guerin Click on the icone below to access full article