Our Organic Selenium in feed: Selisseo®
Selenium (Se) is an essential nutrient for life, with established requirement from 0.1 – 0.3 ppm to support basic functions.
While inorganic Se are commonly used for feed supplements, the recent research has firmly confirmed that organic Se, specifically seleno-methionine (Se-Met) or hydroxy-selenomethionine (OH-SeMet), is much easily integrated into body metabolism.
Selisseo® 2% Se is an organic source of selenium consisting of hydroxy-selenomethionine or HMSeBA diluted on silica carrier, to be used in all species to supply 100% efficient selenium.
Selisseo® 2% Se is the only pure source of hydroxy-selenomethionine on the market that exists in both forms : powder and liquid.
To know more about the positive effects of Selisseo® in broiler production, click on the icon below
Selenium celebrates its 200 years anniversary, click on the icon below to know more
Click on the related species icon to see the brochure
Selisseo®2% Se - Powder form
Selisseo® 2% Se is the only pure source of hydroxy-selenomethionine on the market. Containing 100% effective selenium, Selisseo 2% Se powder form supports immediate and prolonged antioxidant effects for enhanced stress resistance, improved reproduction capacities and better meat, egg and milk quality.
Selisseo®2% Se - Liquid form
Selisseo® 2% Se liquid is a pure source of hydroxy-selenomethionine (OH-SeMet) and the only organic selenium totally soluble in aqueous media. Containing 100% effective selenium, Selisseo 2% Se Liquid support immediate and prolonged antioxidant effects which will enhance performance of animals in a large range of breeding and stressful conditions (heat stress, sub-pathologies, etc).
Click on the icon to see the brochure
To go further about Selisseo®2% Se...
Selenium is the key component of selenocysteine, which occurs in antioxidant selenoproteins such as glutathione peroxidase, thioredoxin reductase, methionine sulfoxide reductase, and many more. In order to counteract the negative effects of oxidative stress and free radicals produced, organisms have developed different defense mechanisms, such as enzymes to break down free radicals (superoxide dismutase, catalase, glutathione peroxidase, etc.), together with acceptors of free radicals (glutathione, which can be oxidized through glutathione peroxidase). Selisseo® 2% Se is a solution to enhance the antioxidant capacities of animals.
The purity and reliability of Selisseo®2% Se guarantee optimal selenium supply in premix and feeds. The product is stable in all feed preparations, such as pelleting, thermal treatment and extrusion. As 100% effective source of selenium, it builds up selenocysteine and selenomethionine in tissues for immediate and prolonged antioxidant effects supporting the performance of animals in breeding conditions and challenging situations such as weaning, parturition, lactation and other stressful conditions (heat stress, subpathologies, etc.).
Natural ingredients generally have low selenium content, and feed always includes additional selenium to meet animals’ requirements. Sodium selenite is the main source of supplementation, but its limited bioavailability for the animal has led to the development of organic sources based on selenomethionine or hydroxy-selenomethionine to provide a pure, reliable, stable, easy-to-use and 100% effective solution. A lack of selenium can result in exudative diathesis, reproduction impairments, decreased lifespan in young animals, oxidation of end products such as eggs, meat, milk, and many other troubles that justify the supplementation of selenium in all diets.
Selisseo® 2% Se is the ideal supplement in antioxidant strategies aimed at improving the quality of products such as meat, egg and milk, together with improving freshness and shelf life, and guaranteeing higher selenium content for a better human diet.
Selisseo® 2% Se is manufactured in a fully dedicated facility using an innovative chemical synthesis process patented by Adisseo, and in compliance with safety (OSHAS) and environmental (ISO 14000) standards. Both production and marketing operations are ISO 9002 and FAMI QS certified.
- OH-SeMet reduces the effects of stress in fishAquafeed: Advances in Processing & Formulation Vol 11 Issue 4 2019 Currently, aquaculture production applies conditions that are sub-optimal to the physiological condition of the species. High-stocking densities, poor water quality or fluctuations in water temperature lead to an excessive production of prooxidant molecules that can surpass the capacity Read more.
- Selisseo® videos to explain what is Adisseo Selenium all about!Minute Selisseo® #1/4 Pierre-André GERAERT, Marketing & Scientific Director of Adisseo, explains the genesis of Selisseo®, a pure form of organic selenium. What led Adisseo to work on antioxidants? Why hydroxy-selenomethionine? To obtain answers to these questions, listen to the explanations of Pierre-André! Minute Selisseo® #2/4 Michele DE Read more.
- Selisseo® supplementation effects on pregnant dairy heifers explained in a recent study.A recent study published in Journal of Dairy Science showed that supplementing pregnant dairy heifers with Selisseo®, a pure and highly available form of organic selenium, significantly enhances their GSH-Px activity compared to unsupplemented heifers. It provides them with a greater plasma Se concentration than sodium selenite. It also Read more.
- Selisseo® supplementation effects on sows explained in a new studyA recent study published in Biological Trace Element Research showed that supplementing sows with Selisseo®, a pure and highly available form of organic selenium, enhances passive immunity through IgG maternal transfer. It also influences piglet innate and acquired immunity: under E.coli LPS challenge, IL-10 and haptoglobin (HP) levels of Read more.
- Hydroxy-Selenomethionine: Ensuring performance under heat stressHeat stress is responsible for large economic losses in the livestock industry throughout the world. Nutritional solutions can be introduced to help animals cope better to a situation of stress. Antioxidants, selenium in particular, have a key role to play. Micro-nutrient supplements are particularly important under heat stress conditions, as Read more.